Step by Step Guide
- Assembling the EnsoPet composter is very easy. The 4 sides simply clip together creating a bottomless cylinder. The lid fits neatly on top of this cylinder.
- Select a spot in your garden away from edible plants and phosphorus sensitive native plants
- Dig a hole 40cm deep and 40cm wide.
- Place the EnsoPet composter into the hole, so that only the lid is sitting above ground.
- Fill in the soil around the outside of the EnsoPet composter.
- Place the tongs near the EnsoPet composter to aid in waste collection.
Your EnsoPet is ready to Use
- Using the tongs pick up your pet’s waste and drop it into the EnsoPet composter.
- Lightly sprinkle EnsoPet starter on top of the waste (approximately 20 grams per 100 grams of pet waste).
- Repeat this process as required. For best results add smaller amounts often (it is better to add the waste daily rather than weekly).
- Composting requires a moist environment. Rain will enter your EnsoPet through the slots at the sides enabling this moist environment.
- Do not let the EnsoPet dry out, water EnsoPet in conjunction with watering your garden.
- The micro-organisms in the EnsoPet Starter ensure a rapid breakdown of the waste, because of this continuous cycle of composting the EnsoPet composter will take many months or may never completely fill.
- These micro-organisms also help remediate any pathogens in your pet waste, whilst simultaneously enriching and rebuilding the soil at a microbial level.